Samsung Galaxy Y is the most cheapest and affordable Android phone from Samsung. Galaxy Y is popular among Teens like me because of its Android OS and affordable price. There are lots of people who use their Mobile Phone as modem so that they can browse the internet at their home at a cheap price. If you own a Galaxy Y and want to use it as modem, then this post might help you.
Although there are other softwares like KIES to use Galaxy Y as internet modem, in this post we will use a software called PDAnet. PdaNet has become one of the top 10 Android applications of all time. At just one click, PdaNet instantly shares the Internet access of your Android phone with your computer. It does NOT require root access or hacking your phone’s firmware. It works on all Android phones. PdaNet supports both USB Tether and Bluetooth DUN. Your phone can connect to the data service, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share it with your computer. It is capable of handling download speed of well above 35Mbps (35000kbps) over USB and is the fastest tethering software available for Android.
Follow steps given below to use SGY as modem:
- First download and install PDAnet in your PC from here
- Now download PDAnet for Android from the Google Play Store and install it.
- When you install PDAnet on PC you will be asked to connect your phone through USB cable, after connecting through USB, PDAnet and some drivers will be installed.
- Now when your installation is complete, Connect your phone to PC and Enable USB Tether Mode in PDAnet app on your Galaxy Y.
- You are almost done! Now just right click PDAnet icon in your taskbar and click connect. [make sure that you have enabled packet data on your Galaxy Y]
If you have any problems regarding Galaxy Y, Please comment below